Foreward: The Purpose

I know my Disney College Program experience is going to be incredible. It will be engaging, educational, and entertaining. I want to be able to record all my experiences using a combination of photography and writing. By doing so, I hope to accomplish the following goals:

  • Reflect on my own experiences, maximizing the amount that I get out of them:
    • I find that when I sit down and formally write about an experience or an event that occurred in my life, I really start to understand myself better. Writing allows me to step back and effectively look at the experience from a new perspective. It forces me to think, process, and deduce. I know that I will benefit from my documentation of my Disney College Program experience.
  • Provide helpful information for future Disney College Program participants:
    • I know that I spent some time searching online for first hand experiences. These first hand accounts are extremely helpful to me. There are some questions that the Disney College Program FAQ section does not answer, but a helpful poster on a forum or blog can. Unfortunately, however, this information still is not enough for me. I hope to provide a thorough account of the entire College Program experience, from application to graduation. Now if I can only get my blog some more exposure...
  • Paint an accurate picture of what every day life is like for me, Carson Wright, a Custodial Cast Member:
    • Although I will be far from my loved ones, I want to create a place where they can feel like they are experiencing the same things I am. I want my readers to know what it is like to be me, Carson Wright, a Custodial Cast Member. I want people to be able to smell the urine, hear the sweeping, feel the sticky soda on the ground. I think descriptive/creative writing coupled with Photography will be able to accomplish this goal.
  • Create a 'Disney College Program Journal':
    • I don't scrap book. I don't like glue. I have a hard time at regularly writing in a journal. I never print hard copies of the photos I take. So how am I supposed to remember this incredible adventure I am sure to have? This blog will act as a journal of sorts; a place where I can store my thought and memories.
The reason that I am starting now, and not waiting until after I've completed the College Program, is due to the fact that I will forget a lot of stuff before I ever have a chance to write it down. By documenting as soon as I can after an event, I retain a greater number of details and feelings than would if I had waited.

My experiences will be organized into chapters, or episodes. Each episode will contain entries that all contain similar content. I will also keep a running Table of Contents to provide easy access to the blog as a whole. I will also keep readers informed about new content, so you never miss a beat.

So without further ado, I officially dedicate this blog to my Disney College Program Experience and the adventures of me, Carson Wright, a Custodial Cast Member (Well, starting January 6, 2008). Enjoy it.

No comments: