Duckling Adventure #2

It was a boring day in New Orleans Square. I was technically assigned to Critter Country and in front of the Haunted Mansion, but on a boring day like that day, it was nice to wander a bit.

I was heading along the riverfront, when I noticed the tattle-tale signs of an adventure in waiting: Children swarming on hands and knees, parents clicking away on their cameras, and endless amounts of popcorn being thrown in the air. Ducklings were nearby. I could sense it. Sure enough, as I approached I began to see the fluffy little masses scurrying from one piece of discarded popcorn to another. I sprung into action.

I separated the crowd from the ducklings and quickly proceeded to push each duck closer to the water' edge. This proved to be very difficult, considering the fact that popcorn was still raining down from above, causing the ducklings to meticulously chase down each morsel. For every five feet I moved a duckling, it would retreat back about four feet. Multiply that by five ducklings. Needless to say, it took me a bit of time to finally push every last duckling back into the Rivers of America. Honestly, the ducklings will strike again within the hour. But for now, the riverfront is safe.

No comments: