Why I Want to Do the Disney College Program

One of the questions I was asked in both of my interviews was this: Why do you want to participate in the Disney College Program? A very good question, in my opinion. Out of all of my options, out of all of the jobs I could get, why pick the Disney College Program?

First, I love Disneyland and a chance to work there is an option I cannot pass up.

Second, I get to be a part of that magic that I enjoy when I go to Disneyland. I will be able to create and witness magical moments that will become magical memories (for more on the magic go here). I will be a part of something that brings happiness into peoples life. This is a big one for me. I'm determined to spend my life making people happy and making people feel. I want to spend my life serving my fellow man, and where is there a better place to learn than at Disneyland?

Third, I will learn so many skills that will always be applicable in my personal and professional life. Having experience in such a customer service oriented company will prove invaluable to me in my future endeavors. Through the education aspect of the College Program, I will also gain confidence in myself and what I have to offer. I think that having the Disney College Program experience, I will be more prepared for whatever I decide to do in my life.

Fourth, I get to go to school at Disneyland. I will get twelve credits for my Disney College Program experience. I remain a full time student, while I am being paid to intern at the Happiest Place On Earth. You can't beat that.

Fifth, I have a job. With the economy the way it is, I am lucky to have a job that I can count on for the next eight months. If things go well, then I might be able to keep my job even longer.

I know that the experience that I gain from participating in the Disney College Program will be invaluable. It will be very time consuming and will require a lot of hard work, but it will better prepare me for the challenges that I face further in life.

No comments: