What is Disneyland?

I think that it would be good to begin with my definition of Disneyland. What does Disneyland entail? What does Disneyland to me? What is Disneyland?

Disneyland markets itself as 'The Happiest Place on Earth." I think perhaps although this is the simplest definition that can be given, it is nonetheless true. I consider Disneyland to be the happiest place on the planets surface. If you can spend literally 5 minutes in Disneyland and not leave happy, well then I'm sorry for you because something must be wrong with your ability to be happy. Unhappiness and Disneyland just don't mix. The two are like orange juice and toothpaste, alcohol and drugs, or water and
mogwai.

Now, why is Disneyland so happy? It is the Disney Magic. What is Disney Magic? Anything that makes you happy! It is what sets Disneyland apart from any other amusement park in the world. It is everything from the way you are greeted at the entrance to the excitement you feel as you pour through the turns of the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.


For part of the magic, lets look at the actual theme of the park: Disney. Disneyland is a place where all of your favorite and beloved characters and friends all come together. It is a place where you get to be transported into your favorite Disney worlds and you get to play with you favorite Disney friends. The people and places that you previously watched on you televisions are now a part of your physical, tangible life. That in itself is enough magic to set Disneyland apart from anyother theme park in the world.

Another huge part of the magic is the attention to detail. Every part of the park has been taken as far as it can go. No corners were cut and no shorcuts are taken when you're talking about Disneyland. This regard for exactness has a big role in creating the worlds that previously only existed in our imaginations. The careful consideration involved in every aspect of Disneyland is an integral part of creating the magic.

The biggest part of the Disney Magic, in my opinion, is the exceptional customer service. Every person in the park is there to make your day. They are more than willing to help you in any way possible. Yes, there are the ocassional bad eggs who can really but a damper on your day, but otherwise, there is a genuine desire to want to make someones day magical. They are there to serve you. What a fantastic world.

Disneyland is a magical place. It is a place that inspires me to skip down Main Street for no reason, other than I am overflowing with happiness. It is a place that makes me beam and makes me forget all of my troubles. There is magic in every nook and cranny of the Disneyland Resort. Anyone who goes there with that attitude in mind cannot leave without feeling absolutely fantastic.

1 comment:

Hess Fam said...

I like that the label was 'skipping' and I really appreciate your attention to the magic! I share that love of detail. Thank you for recognizing!